Risk and Investigation Academy offers a Forensic Practitioner course based on the Advanced Certificate: Fraud Examination, SAQA accredited on NQF7.
After completing the modules set out in this course, candidates will have acquired the necessary knowledge to write the ACFE’s International CFE Exam.
By completing the said exam, candidates will become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), obtain an Advanced Certificate in Fraud Examination (SAQA NQF 7) and be recognised internationally as a Forensic Expert. This would advance your performance ability and skills in fraud detection, prevention and investigation and benefit a person’s career opportunities.
To provide those who meet the ACFE requirements with an opportunity to prepare and complete the Advanced Certificate: Fraud Examination. To complete the advanced Certificate, candidates must write the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) International Exam. This globally preferred credential can assist members in advancing their careers and position themselves as an expert in the fraud examiner profession. During presentations, theoretical knowledge is transferred through discussion forums, practical training, and case studies. The course is registered with FASSET and based on SAQA Unit Standard 67269 on NQF Level 7.
Who should attend
This course is applicable to those who intend to write the International CFE exam, legal practitioners, forensic auditors, forensic investigators, internal auditors, and employees from financial institutions such as the banking and insurance industry.
The course is presented over a period of 10 days. The course would be presented over two weeks.
About the presenter
Adv. Ansie de Jager
Ansie is a Certified Fraud Examiner with over 30 years of experience detecting and investigating fraud and white-collar crimes. She is an attorney and has experience as head of internal audit, legal advisor, and claims, litigation, and compliance management in various companies and institutions. Ansie provides regular paralegal training on various legal subjects. Ansie is also a registered Moderator and Assessor.
- B. Proc. : UP;
- LLB: UP;
- BA Hons. (Criminology) : UP;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Investigative and Forensic Accounting: UP;
- Certificate Internal Audit: UP;
- Advance Certificate in Fraud Examination: UP
- Outcome-based assessment of Assessor (NQF5) & Moderator (NQF7) : DITASA
- International CFE Exam: ACFE
Courses on this programme are not readily available. It has been proven over time that those who were sensitized and trained in the forensic discipline gained knowledge and especially acquired new skills which allowed them to perform better and contribute within their respective institutions towards finding solutions in the never-ending fight against economic-related crimes.
In becoming a CFE, you become eligible for exclusive resources and tools and part of an international community with one common goal: fighting fraud and corruption. The CFE status is branded as the globally preferred credential to help you advance your career and position yourself as an expert. The CFE designation is the ONLY forensic designation
that is internationally recognised, as well as being the only fraud-related qualification that is locally accredited by SAQA.
- R9 000-00 per person EXCLUDING:
- $175 Associate Membership Fee (To enable you to write the international exam, you need to register as an ACFE Associate Member)
- $350 Exam fees
- $79 Electronic Manual
- Each learner will be provided with a hard copy of the ACFE manual.
*To write the exam, the applicant has to be at least an associate member and have a degree with two years’ experience or at least eight years’ experience in fraud detection, prevention, and investigation.
- Being a Certified Fraud Examiner is a great achievement for any individual in this industry during these times. The experience which I have personally gained has enhanced my investigative abilities and increased my contact list in tremendous bounds due to the on-going networking opportunities to which all CFE are exposed on a regular basis. The training further gives us tools and assists us to understand new trends and investigative methods which all investigators are exposed to on a regular basis. In all, I feel that this experience has enriched my life and open up doors to me in all industries! – Lucretia Parker: McLife
- Ansie de Jager is an experienced and diligent professional. Ansie is experienced in this field and her expertise and guidance helped me to better understand the course material and successfully pass the CFE Exam. Ansie De Jager’s expertise in forensic investigations and legal aspects was highly evident and resulted in a detailed and comprehensive training course. The Training session contained a full overview of the Fraud Prevention / investigation, Financial, Law as well best practice recommendations. Ansie is in my opinion an outstanding subject matter expert with many years of practical and relevant experience. I highly recommend the Risk and Investigation Training Academy to any individuals who are interested in completing their CFE exam and any other courses that is being held. Thank you Ansie.Nash Mohanlall: Regent
- The facilitator is knowledgeable of the course content and is practical in her approach as well very patient. The course itself exposes the attendee to a broader scope of strategies in countering any fraudulent and unethical conduct across industries. If you want to be a qualified CFE, then enroll with RITA.Themba Shabalala : Johannesburg Water
- PUT THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT! Duisend dankies vir ‘n briljante kursus, dit was elke laatnag en seer boud werd! Sonder jou sou ons dit nooit kon doen nie. Andre Whelpton en Vincent van Huizen : The Unlimited
- “The course was valuable in enhancing my investigation skills especially the Finance module. Ansie presented well and is highly knowledgeable in the field of investigations. I would recommend the CFE course to all forensic investigators“. Shaun Kader : Dept Health KZN
- “I purchased the Prep Course and battled to get through it on my own until I attended the course, which was very informative, well facilitated, loaded with examples of the everyday work environment issues, not only I managed to pass my CFE exam in single attempt, the course provided me with answers to some of the issues I face on my daily investigative work”. Chris Baloye: MTN