Risk and Investigation Academy offers a Forensic Practitioners course based on the Advanced Certificate: Fraud Examination which is SAQA accredited on NQF7.
Upon completion of the modules set out in this course, candidates will have acquired the necessary knowledge to write the ACFE’s International CFE Exam.
By successful completion of the said exam candidates will become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), obtaining a Advanced Certificate in Fraud Examination (SAQA NQF 7) and be recognised internationally as a Forensic Expert. This would not only advance your performance ability and skills in the field of fraud detection, prevention and investigation, but would also benefit a person’s career opportunities.
To provide those who meet the ACFE requirements with an opportunity to prepare and complete the Advanced Certificate: Fraud Examination. In order to complete the advance Certificate candidates need to write the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) International Exam which is a globally preferred credential that can assist members in advancing their careers and position themselves as an expert in the fraud examiners profession. During presentations certain theoretical knowledge is transferred through discussion forums, practical training, and case studies. The course is registered with FASSET and the course is based on SAQA Unit Standard 67269 on NQF Level 7.
Who should attend
This course is applicable to those who intend writing the International CFE exam, legal practitioners, forensic auditors, forensic investigators, internal auditors, and employees from financial institutions such as the banking and insurance industry.
The course is presented over a period of 10 days. The course would be presented over a two week period.
About the presenter
Adv. Ansie de Jager
Ansie is a Certified Fraud Examiner who has more than 18 years experience in the detection and investigation of fraud and white collar crimes. She is a practicing attorney, has experience as Head of Internal Audit, Legal Advisor, Claims, Litigation and Compliance management in various companies and institutions. Ansie provides regular paralegal training on various legal subjects. Ansie is also a registered Moderator and Assessor.
- B. Proc. : UP;
- LLB : UP;
- BA Hons. (Criminology) : UP;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Investigative and Forensic Accounting : UP;
- Certificate Internal Audit : UP;
- Advance Certificate in Fraud Examination : UP
- Outcome based assessment of Assessor (NQF5) & Moderator (NQF7) : DITASA
- International CFE Exam : ACFE
Courses on this programme are not readily available. It has been proven over time that those who were sensitized and trained in the forensic discipline gained not only in knowledge but especially acquired new skills which allowed them to perform better and to contribute within their respective institutions towards finding solutions in the never ending fight against economic related crimes.
In becoming a CFE you become eligible to exclusive resources and tools, and you become part of an international community who all has one common goal, fighting of fraud and corruption. The CFE status is branded as the globally preferred credential that can help you advance your career and position yourself as an expert in the profession. The CFE designation is the ONLY forensic designation
that is internationally recognised, as well as being the only fraud related qualification that is locally accredited by SAQA.
- R9 000-00 per person EXCLUDING:
- $175 Associate Membership Fee (To enable you to write the international exam you need to register as an ACFE Associate Member)
- $350 Exam fees
- $79 Electronic Manual
- Each learner will be provided with a hardcopy of the ACFE manual.
*In order to write the exam the applicant has to be at least an Associate member, have a degree with two years experience or have at least 8 years experience in fraud detection, prevention and investigation.
- Being a Certified Fraud Examiner is a great achievement for any individual in this industry during these times. The experience which I have personally gained has enhanced my investigative abilities and increased my contact list in tremendous bounds due to the on-going networking opportunities to which all CFE are exposed on a regular basis. The training further gives us tools and assists us to understand new trends and investigative methods which all investigators are exposed to on a regular basis. In all, I feel that this experience has enriched my life and open up doors to me in all industries! – Lucretia Parker: McLife
- Ansie de Jager is an experienced and diligent professional. Ansie is experienced in this field and her expertise and guidance helped me to better understand the course material and successfully pass the CFE Exam. Ansie De Jager’s expertise in forensic investigations and legal aspects was highly evident and resulted in a detailed and comprehensive training course. The Training session contained a full overview of the Fraud Prevention / investigation, Financial, Law as well best practice recommendations. Ansie is in my opinion an outstanding subject matter expert with many years of practical and relevant experience. I highly recommend the Risk and Investigation Training Academy to any individuals who are interested in completing their CFE exam and any other courses that is being held. Thank you Ansie.Nash Mohanlall: Regent
- The facilitator is knowledgeable of the course content and is practical in her approach as well very patient. The course itself exposes the attendee to a broader scope of strategies in countering any fraudulent and unethical conduct across industries. If you want to be a qualified CFE, then enroll with RITA.Themba Shabalala : Johannesburg Water
- PUT THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT! Duisend dankies vir ‘n briljante kursus, dit was elke laatnag en seer boud werd! Sonder jou sou ons dit nooit kon doen nie. Andre Whelpton en Vincent van Huizen : The Unlimited
- “The course was valuable in enhancing my investigation skills especially the Finance module. Ansie presented well and is highly knowledgeable in the field of investigations. I would recommend the CFE course to all forensic investigators“. Shaun Kader : Dept Health KZN
- “I purchased the Prep Course and battled to get through it on my own until I attended the course, which was very informative, well facilitated, loaded with examples of the everyday work environment issues, not only I managed to pass my CFE exam in single attempt, the course provided me with answers to some of the issues I face on my daily investigative work”. Chris Baloye: MTN